Registration Name : eINDIA2011/AN/176
Project Category : eGov::Best Government to Citizens Initiative of the Year
Project Name : â€˜I-Resolveâ€™- a CRM
Details of Applicant :
Name : Naini Choudhury
Address : Intelenet Towers Plot CST No. 1406 â€“ A28, Mindspace, Malad West
City : Mumbai
State : Maharashtra
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 400064
Details of Project/Implementing Agency
Name of Organisation : Intelenet Global Services- A Serco Company
Address : Intelenet Towers ,Plot CST No. 1406 â€“ A28, ,Mindspace, Malad West
City : Mumbai
State : Maharashtra
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 400064
Name of the head of Organisation : Mr. Susir Kumar
Website : www.intelenetglobal.com
Brief description of the programme/project/Initiative :
Intelenet developed an in-house solution with a combination of internally developed digitized tools & use of external tools, best suited to reach out massive audience of 1.2 billions users. Intelenet conceptualized its own CRM programme â€˜I-Resolveâ€™- a CRM developed with the underlying SDLC methodology using Microsoft.Net technology with SQL server 2005 as the back end. The systems and processes provide an integrated, cohesive solution to manage the entire lifecycle of the customer service relationship and transaction processing needs. Functionalities of I-Resolve CRM are as follows- System authentication screen â€“ Phone CRM On loading the application the user would be presented with the authentication screen. The Username would be Pre-Filled depending on current users Windows login ID. The user would also enter her / his role depending upon which specific data or functionalities are available e.g.- Inbound call, Inbound Email and so on. Call popup information display- The screen pop up displays a list of items for agent preview before servicing the inbound voice call. Supervisor Email Allocation Screen- The supervisors can view the list of queries, further to which the emails are classified in different categories and sent across to the agents accordingly. Language wise Selection- The CRM enables the agents to select any of the 8 languages that Intelenet offers the client. The agent selects the languages and responds to the same accordingly. FAQ- The FAQ window enables agentâ€™s to answer known queries more effectively Case generation- The system has an inbuilt case generation window, which generates a unique case number for every case; this helps identify the case in the system Viewing specific query details- I-Resolve is designed in away that it enables the agent to view details of a specific query raised by the customer. Query escalation- Escalation management is followed for case complaint or enquiry where the response is not available with the Intelenet team after validation by the QA team. At Level 1 – internal team handles Technical Issue Resolution Management and further if required the query is escalated case to Level 2 SME. Customer history- Customer Trails developed in the CRM displays and provides a heads up to the agent on the movement of the case from Open to Forwarded / Escalated and finally resolved The Installation Process: Intelenet deploys innovation in technology and processes as a way of saving clients money while improving service levels. Digitisation of processes is an integral part of our process re-engineering and results in the following impacts: Â· Continuous improvement of quality in call or transaction handling Â· Management gets a single view of a process taking any course corrections if required Intelenetâ€™s customized CRM toolkit â€˜I-Resolveâ€™ was cost-effective and used state-of-the-art technology with the highest possible security and connectivity infrastructure that seamlessly integrated with the existing technology infrastructure. The tool was user friendly and, therefore easy to reconcile and use.
Why was the project started :
Client Background:- Our client is an arm of the Indian Government responsible for implementing the envisioned multipurpose national identity card project in India. The authority aims at providing a unique identification number to all Indians and creating a database of residents containing simple data in biometrics Clientâ€™s Business need and Process Background The clientâ€™s business need was quick and efficient customer service. They wanted to reach out and deliver the unique identity number in phases, to a massive audience of over 1.2 billion residents of India. After a detailed capability study and due diligence activity Intelenet was chosen as the preferred vendor for its customer service processes and also from the perspective that Intelenet would add value by using IT as a key enabler to delivering process efficiency. Intelenet over the months successfully implemented the processes and proved its delivery capability in the very first month of operations and a paradigm shift in caller experience when contacting a Government Information Centre in the language of their preference, through our language expertise. Intelenet acts as Resident Care Centre providing multiple channels of connectivity to the customers i.e. Phone, Fax, Email and white mail, thereby educating the customers about the process to provide information about them in order to avail the identification number.
To respond to the residentâ€™s queries and complaints swiftly through a channel of their choice and a language of their choice.
Target group : The rural and the urban population of India.
Geographical reach : Providing Aadhaar numbers to all the residentâ€™s of India meant opening up enrollment agencies in the remotest of the villages across India and to be able provide them the same standards of service as to anyone else sitting in any one of the metro cities of India, with this the services would cater to PAN India.
Date from which the project became operational : 12 July 2010
Is the Project still operational : YES
10 points that make the programme/project innovative?
- Linked Interactions, Contacts and Service Requests- For any citizen contacting the centre, irrespective of the interaction channel, the agent views an entire gamut of history linked to the citizen. Similarly all previous service requests can be viewed at birds eye.
- Multiple channel integration – Email, Phone, SMS and White mail channel support with skilled based routing
- Disposition Driven Workflow – Configurable disposition driven workflow, where language and operational skill dependent work force management can be performed
- Language support – Caters to multiple regional languages with support for responses to the inland letters and user friendly phonetic keyboard layout.
- Multiple service requests per interaction – Capability to add more than one service request for a single interaction instead of summarizing multiple service requests. This helps linking and maintaining a reference between interaction and service requests and it helps in the part closure of an interaction.
- Configurable escalation module – 360 degree flexible service request type and priority dependent escalation module with multiple escalation levels regardless of user roles and modules. In addition, e-mail notifications are shot out to high tiered authorities for pending cases that have breached TAT or crossed defined SLAs.
- Web based partner portal- Resolution provision by external users though web client by using 24*7 accessible system, irrespective of geographical location for varied user role bases.
- B2B Integration – Consuming REST service to retrieve details of a specific enrollment or UID number from remotely located external system in realtime.
- Customisable templates and Knowledge base – Availability of large base of preset templates in a categorised manner in easy to access and filterable manner to respond to an email / whitemail in faster and standardised manner. Re-usable knowledge base with content searching and aligned with service request categories which are used for agent reference.
- Key Business performance indicators – Statistics on Interaction wise for service requests created with broad buckets such as pending, assigned, WIP, closed, Pre defined feed files for client sub-systems, advisor performance review and process improvement indication analysis reports for analytic teams. Report transformations into commonly known and supported formats.
List the 5 achievements of the programme/project?
- Timeline – The entire project was conceptualised and developed in record timespan of 60 days.
- Multiple channel support – Unification of application with numerous channels and modes of interaction ensuring seamless and clear compatibility with the system as a whole.
- Call abandonment reduction – Massive reduction in call adandon rates achieved through call backs on lost calls captured through our IVR sub systems.
- Wide geographical reach – Solution is capable of servicing country wide service requests and high volumes of interactions from every nook and corner of the country.
- Wide reusable modules – Each major module is developed considering further reusability thereby leading to faster implementations and reduced efforts and costs and considering minimum use of hardware resources.
List the 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/initiative :
- Client operated sans an automated system which made it increasingly difficult to capture customer interactions through multiple touch points.
- A single view of the resident across any channel of contact was not possible.
- Need of a system, which could interact with the common man in any strata of the society and reciprocate to these interactions in all the originating languages.
- Capability of integrating the entire ecosystem of partners as well as departments in the government and making sure that they get visibility of all their cases – Capability of integrating the entire ecosystem of partners as well as departments in the government and making sure that they get visibility of all their cases was – Capability of integrating the entire ecosystem of partners as well as departments in the government and making sure that they get visibility of all their cases was critical
- The systems and processes provide an integrated, cohesive solution to manage the entire lifecycle of the customer service relationship and transaction processing needs
List the 5 points how can the programme serve as a model that can be replicated or adapted by others?
- Linked business objects- Establishement of relationships between Interactions, Contacts and Service requests which helps to maintain trails and provide a single view of interactions, service requests and its closure progression.
- Outcome driven workflow- The system is armed with configurable dispositions for service requests put forth by citizens. This aids in controlling and management of the workflow and prioritization of requests.
- Service requestor based notifications – SMS Notification to residents with the status of Service Ticket, with creation date, service request identification number and TAT of the Service Requests placed.
- Configurable Modules- Service Teams that can be configured with specific service groups and users can be assigned to these. Roles can also be configured and assigned to the users. These aids in distributing jobs on the basis of service teams and roles without any technical interventions.
- Real Time Interaction – Integration for Email, Phone, SMS and as well as White mails
List 5 points to elaborate on the scalability of the programme/project/initiative :
- Windows Active Directory authentication – The authentication occurs using the Active Directory after which the system connects to SQL server using AD authentication, where appropriate priviledges are maintained.
- Efficient load handling – System is capable of handling the day to day increasing number of users and even during peak periods in terms of throughput with the on going and eventual spreading of this massive government initiative.
- Extensibility for newer interaction channels – System can easily incorporate newer trends of interaction channels such as Social networking medias, information kiosks, Global chat thus creating wider web enabled presence and popularizing this Government initiative to the masses .
- Cross channel and cross queue re-allocations – Users can be moved between interaction channels for load balancing and making optimum usage of available human resources.
- Wide scope for system parameter and process level configurations – Minimized technical or support dependency as the system provides a system use configuration tool by which the user can define and configure items such as disposition plans, workflow routes, user management, knowledge base management, service request categorization parameters, response templates for Emails and white mails and so on.