Registration Name : eINDIA2011/AN/278
Project Category : eHealth::Best Private Sector Initiative of the Year
Project Name : Bio-Medical Waste Management System using POS
Details of Applicant
Name : Ravikiran Gupte
Address : J-63, 64, 65, Japan Market, Beside Belgium Square, Opp. Linear Bus Stand, Ring Road, Surat. Gujarat.
City : Surat
State : Gujarat
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 395002
Details of Project/Implementing Agency
Name of Organisation : Dev Bio Medical Waste Management Services
Address : Lake Side Road, Off Summair Club Road,,Nr. Rathi Hospital,Jamnagar, Gujarat.
City : Jamnagar
State : Gujarat
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 361005
Name of the headÂ of Organisation : Dr. Devanshu Shukla
Brief description of theÂ programme/project/Initiative :
Bio Medical Waste Management System is Central Server based solution for collection of live data of waste collection using GPRS enabled POS. This system is designed to get better control on field staff & vehicles as well as to get accurate online data. We have designed the entire system according to the norms of Pollution Control board. The system is designed using GPRS enables POS terminal which transfer the data from field staff to the server on cloud computing. Management or controlling authority can get live data of agency wise / client wise on central dashboard without any additional manual interaction.
Why was the project started :
One of the leading Bio-Medical waste Management company phasing the problems with traditional collection method and approached our company for real time information about Bio-Medical waste collection and Online Tracking of collection Staff on field and up to Point of Disposal. In conventional system, Agencys person visits Hospital for collection and make manual receipt for collected waste. At the end of the day he returned his book to the Agency office and they need to do the Data Entry of all records. Now the biggest problem is to read his hand written memo with the Hospitals name or Doctors name and if collection person made any mistake, it will costs them to find out with daily 2 to 3 hr. Time line Reports are very difficult to submit to PCB. Its very difficult to keep the track on payment collection and Consumables sales record Management. They dont have any method to check the collected waste at particular time wise, Vehicle wise and person wise. Its not possible to take even minimum output of Man Power involved in this Business.
To get centralized control of the entire operations of Bio Medical Waste Management with the help of cetralised accurate data through single screen management dashboard.
Target group : State Pollution Control Board, Bio Medical Waste Collection Agency
Geographical reach : All Over the India
Date from which theÂ project became operational : 23 January 2010
Is the Project still operational : YES
10 points that make the programme/project innovative?
- Live monitoring of city wise / agency wise Bio Medical Waste Collection records by State Pollution Control Board / Agency through Management Dashboard.
- Use of latest technology POS terminal with GPRS specifically developed with rapid and accurate data collection module.
- Use of cloud computing technology for multiple agencies.
- Tracking of Bio Medical waste up to point of disposal.
- Enable efficient allocation of manpower and reduce manpower / paper work.
- MIS helps policy maker for some critical decisions
- Using E-bill solution client can contribute for Go Green movement
- Substantial time saving in bill generating process by agency
- Elimination of various manual process & error chance of manual entry.
- Perfect management of paper and labor involved in the best possible organized manner.
List the 5 achievements of the programme/project?
- Without recruiting any additional Man Power Capital Investment, All these data available to National Pollution Control Board of India, State Pollution Control Board and State level Agencies and NGO.
- Implemented by some leading bio medical waste collection & management agencies (Surat, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Patiala) across the India.
- Before this project this POS are used in Financial and Banking Sectors only but after this project a Taiwan Company Manufacturer of this POS are interested in this project and promoting this Software Solution to Taiwan Government and Republic of China Government.
- Successfully established robust waste collection method for non literate and unskilled manpower.
- POS with GPRS based solution recognized by all major pollution control board across the India
List the 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/initiative
- To Incorporate all features in one POS with Waste collection + Consumables Sales + Payment Collection + On site Account Alert generation. Its been difficult to design the Application for non computer operator.
- Any un-even situation creating disaster like system crash, makes the system un-stable and creates complex situations for System/Contract managing firm. Sending Real Time data to the central server made it easy and lossless for the entire clients in the network. Thus client gets all the data of waste collection and also gets centralized data with the driving firms network.
- Mostly operators are un-educated persons so its very difficult to make them use POS, we have simplified our process with minimum click for completing operations and reduced the manual interface during operations.
- Wireless Security + Functional Access (in case of stolen/misuse) We developed a GPRS based concept that allows System Administrator to activate/deactivate the device at any point of time and for any duration of time.
- Standard Protocol for different projects In the beginning, we find it quite difficult when it comes to data handling and storage pattern for various client with the same Bio Medical Waste Collection project. To over come such situation along with having a synchronous flow of the entire project, even for various clients, we decided to follow the same line of protocol and flow of project. Thus making it standard for various clients, having the same need of Bio-Medical waste collection project.
List the 5 points how can the programme serve as a model that can be replicated or adapted by others?
- Quality assessment of bio medical waste management at time to time by pollution control board / agencies can be possible using this system
- Central Management Dashboard can Monitors and Displays the status of each vehicle with time and location on single screen.
- System and Reports are compliance with Statutory Requirements of Government of India – 1998 Bio-Medical waste Management and Handling Rules under EPA.
- This System is working on Cloud Computing and Dont need to set-up Servers and PC. This will helps to conserve Electricity and other conventional Resources.
- Higher Authorities of PCB can get Real Time Data of Waste collection by City wise + Agency wise + Hospital wise + Category wise.
List 5 points to elaborate on the scalability of the programme/project/initiative
- System is compliance with statutory requirement of Government of India 1998 bio medical waste management and handling rules under EPA.
- Bio Medical Waste Management System is ready to meet the international standards and global competition.
- By Implementing this system in All over India by the State Pollution Control Board and Waste Management Companies than all these Data is available on National Server or Central Pollution Control Board Of India and will meet the E-Governess Revolution in India.
- POS Hardware and Software is capable to Incorporate Next Generation features like SAM for Wireless Data Security + Smart Cards Operations + Magnetic Card Reader.
- By using of Cloud Computing Technology, this system is scalable for end nos. of users and computers and Data Exchange between all Government Departments.
Documents publishing URL