Registration Name : eINDIA2011/AN/177
Project Category : eGov::Best Government to Citizens Initiative of the Year
Project Name : Craft of Gujarat
Details of Applicant :
Name : C J Patel
Address : Block No. 7, 1st Floor Udyog Bhavan Sector-11
City : Gandhinagar
State : Gujarat
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 382017
Details of Project/Implementing Agency
Name of Organisation : Cybersurf (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Address : 3rd Floor, J.P. Complex,Opp. C. N. School,Ambawadi
City : Ahmedabad
State : Gujarat
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 380006
Name of the head of Organisation : Mr. Samir Sanghavi
Website : http://www.cybersurfindia.com
Brief description of the programme/project/Initiative :
Government of Gujarat, in order to provide the expert craftsmen of the state their due recognition and boost the fading exquisite arts and crafts traditions, has given priority to make the development of cottage and village industries more employment oriented.
Why was the project started :
Artisans in Gujarat have protected their rich and pure culture for centuries by their art-forms, which need to be revived each passing day. An artisan created a master piece using his expertise sitting somewhere in remote village area where he will find a narrow marketplace to sell it out without any other sources of promoting his art worldwide.
A dedicated organization The INDEXT-C (Industrial Extension Cottage) has been created to provide information and guidance & organizing Cottage & Rural Industrial sector as a catalyst. With aim of giving opportunities to all the artisans of Gujarat to exhibit their talent to a large section of potential customers & art connoisseurs across the world.
Target group : Thousands of unknown artisans of Gujarat and thousands of national & international traditional art appreciators.
Geographical reach : Worldwide
Date from which the project became operational : 8 July 2009
Is the Project still operational : YES
10 points that make the programme/project innovative?
- Platform Initiative – SMS
- Search Engine – Artisan
- Seamless Structure & Navigation
- SEO Optimized Content
- Comprehensive Design.
List the 5 achievements of the programme/project?
- Holistic exposure for artisans whose talent was hidden behind fairs and exhibitions only
- Global platform for artisans, their art-forms and related products from all across Gujarat
- Listing of around 300 registered artisans and more than 900 products on the platform
- Impressive number of inquiries received from international customers
- Craft of Gujarat has received the best jury award at eWorld Forum 2011
List the 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/initiative :
- Gathering data of all artisans, art-forms and their products across Gujarat
- Training artisans for getting used to web presence and receiving inquiries by SMS and acting upon them was another area that required great concern and thinking
List the 5 points how can the programme serve as a model that can be replicated or adapted by others?
- The portal has evolved to such a point that the same model now can be easily used to replicate and provide global exposure to artisans from any state/city.
List 5 points to elaborate on the scalability of the programme/project/initiative :
- To keep pace with rapidly changing trends, the website can be modeled on an E-commerce platform in order to facilitate online buying
- Online marketing campaigns can be created to target potential customers on relevant keywords across search network.
Documents publishing URL :