Registration Name : eINDIA2011/AN/212
Project Category : digitalLEARNING::Best ICT Enabled School of the Year
Project Name : Destination Success(L K Singhania Education Centre, Gotan) – the e-learning solution from S.Chand Harcourt (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Details of Applicant
Name : R C Joshi
Address : Gotan, Distt. – Nagaur
City : Gotan
State : Rajasthan
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 342902
Details of Project/Implementing Agency
Name of Organisation : S. Chand Harcourt (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Address : A-27 Mohan Cooperatives Industrial Estate,Mathura Road,
City : Delhi
State : Delhi
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 110044
Name of the head of Organisation : Amit Gupta
Website : www.sch.co.in
Brief description of the programme/project/Initiative :
Destination Success is a path breaking technology enabled education solution designed to meet the dynamic needs of the teachers and students in schools. Based on modern educational research and established educational practices , it uses the latest and easy- to- use technological framework to make for an enriched teaching learning environment. The solution presents a holistic educational programme with digital and print materials , student tracking and report generating facilities , professional development services, training and technical maintenance provisions and after sales support.
Why was the project started :
Todayâ€™s dire need is to understand the difference between the learning and knowing. In a way, it can be said that the difference between being literate and being educated. Education spans beyond the bookish knowledge, knowledge that satisfies the quest of the students and at the same time encourages the inquisitive nature of the students above average. Destination success is on the way to help one understand this difference. Thanks to the Almighty, it has been late than never. It is being executed and day by day hopefully updated and made more advanced so that it should minimize the possibility of grievances and complaints of any and all sorts, if at all there is.
To enhance child centric learning in continuous and comprehensive evaluation for teaching and learning through the use of latest technology
Target group :
Nur to XII
Geographical reach : nearby areas surrounding Gotan
Date from which the project became operational :
1 July 2011
Is the Project still operational :
10 points that make the programme/project innovative?
- It creates and maintains learnerâ€™s interest
- Provides informational materials sometime in expanded form
- Provide recognition and empower the students over the subject beyond the material available in the books
- Transfer of knowledge has become easy
- Participation of students have gained momentum comparatively more
- Recapitulation within minimum of time has become handy
- Interactive and multimedia experience captivates the attention more easily
- Visual has helped the understanding clearly without any iota of doubt.
- Extension of activities through lesson plans
- Skills can be skillfully addressed
List the 5 achievements of the programme/project?
- Enhanced the caliber of the students
- Memorization has not been the part and parcel for success in examination
- Understanding based question could find place in the question paper
- HOTS are more in numbers in CCE assignments given to the students
- Minimum wastage of paper, thus becoming environment savvy as most of the assignments of MCQ kind are done on the board itself
List the 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/initiative
- Teacherâ€™s resistance due to no-knowledge and non-application caliber of working on computer by most of them but Rigorous training has been given to the teachers to overcome this
- Fear that teachersâ€™ role will be at stake but the training helped teachers.
- Absence of some textual portion or textual syllabus of their own books that does not match with the given syllabus material in it but Material that were relevant to their textual portion were taken down separately and learnt
- Stylus was not so handy and easy for most teachers, particularly those who were in the habit of writing too much with chalks on the board but Basic knowledge of computer was given to almost all the teachers
- Unless quite adapted to the whole material and memorized , teachers find it time consuming to close, open and find the relevant material before the children, thus creating momentary chaos in the class but training and 24*7 support from agency helped in overcoming all issues.
List the 5 points how can the prgramme serve as a model that can be replicated or adapted by others?
- It must be a replica of the innovative and modern learning system as it encourages the conceptual clarity of the subject
- It educates the mind in real sense
- It minimizes the time of learning and confirms the firm registering of knowledge in the mind of the students
- It fosters the discussion and active participation which encourages the exposure of the students
- It is actually a way towards learning by doing as projects etc are based on the matter taught and given as assignments
List 5 points to elaborate on the scalability of the programme/project/initiative
- Oral test can surprisingly be conducted in the class
- Projects and assignments can easily be assessed keeping in view the material provided and aligned with.
- Questioning the students at varied proficiency level to check the expansion of their knowledge
- Test the students to explore the sound/letter relationships in language, enduring curious characters in history, Mathematics related formulas in multiple ways
- By encouraging the students to form their own new questions
Documents publishing URL :