Registration Name : eINDIA2011/AN/196
Project Category : digitalLEARNING::Best ICT Enabled School of the Year
Project Name : e-learning – ICTenabled learning
Details of Applicant
Name : Adarsh Kohli
Address : BN Block Shalimar Bagh
City : Delhi
State : Delhi
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 110088
Details of Project/Implementing Agency
Name of Organisation : Darbari Lal DAV Modeld School
Address : BN Block Shalimar Bagh,,
City : Delhi
State : Delhi
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 110088
Name of the head of Organisation : Mrs. Adarsh Kohli
Website : www.dldavsb.org
Brief description of the programme/project/Initiative :
The school has around 4200 students, 94 classrooms out of which 54 are IT enabled.Interactive Boards are operational in 35 classrooms.School has complete connectivity with wi- fi enabled computer labs. To make the project a success IT training was imparted to about 200 teachers.Students are taught using Digital interactive content deployed in school, which is not only from external sources but also developed in- house by the teachers as well as students.EIMS (Educational Institution Management System)is in place in every aspect like in fee,library,result,administration,Employee details- payroll etc. We have a Resource Room- well equipped with broad band internet connectivity, hi- speed laser printers, colored printers, OMR, Scantrons etc. for all staff and students, this facility extends even beyond school working hours.Proper infrastructure in place in classrooms for interactive white boards has been provided.Parents have access to website for various things like Calendar, achievements, circulars etc moreover parents are also provided information through SMS and IVRS.We have Digitised library, with bar coding in all material for quick issue and return.There is also a Reading room in library providing proper ambience for reading.The bus routes are also computerised.Teachers use RFID card for Biometric attendance system which helps in automised tracking of absentees.We have an indigenously built software for teacher substitution which gives a quick arrangement chart- prints of which are displayed on various floors. The school keeps on organising short courses in computer applications for teachers to keep them up to date.Training was provided to entire staff in order to prepare for ICT integrated teaching learning.All laboratories- Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Robotics, Home Science are fully computerised.Staff rooms also have computers for quick and easy access by teachers.Well- equipped multimedia room provides facilities for conducting workshops, seminars etc.Students are provided an opportunity for virtual exchange programs with schools across geographical boundaries through video conferencing.We make use of technology even during substitution periods through interactive boards where various learning material, motivational videos etc is showed so that students time is utilised.The school prepares fully computerized result beginning from OMR checking of answer sheets to feeding of marks on computers,generation & printing of report cards.CCTVs have been installed at all strategic points for security and monitoring of school premises and students.
Why was the project started :
Digital inclusion has revolutionised the education system leading to a paradigm shift in approaches and attitudes. Our school, recognizing the benefits of e- learning , has endeavored to make technology mediated education accessible to each individual. We aim to encourage learners to innovate, think out of the box, research and expand their mental horizons.
- School aims to make children autonomous learners
- Enable them to discover, discuss, appreciate and verbalise knowledge.
- Helping the learner to explore the vast knowledge reservoir and find his own meaning and direction in it.
- The school believes that if the teacher enables the child to arrange the atoms properly, he becomes a diamond, which is sought after not just for its brilliance but for its inner toughness.
- Whichever scholastic subject is chosen by the learner, one thing is ensuredâ€¦ his participation in it! Active involvement of learners in a democratic class environ leads to development of critical and reflective thinking skills on one hand and social and communication skills on the other.
- â€˜Co- operationâ€™ norm is preferred over competition and the reward of helping one another and growing together is emphasized rather than being placed above one another.
- Providing plenty of opportunities to learners to grow and move towards â€˜self actualisationâ€™.
Target group :
- Community as whole
Geographical reach : Delhi
Date from which theproject became operational : Day Month 2010
Is the Project still operational : YES
10 points that make the programme/project innovative?
- Constructivist approach which focuses on making children autonomous learners is followed by all teachers. The â€˜chalk & talkâ€™ & â€˜sage-on-the-stageâ€™ pedagogy is superseded by inspired pedagogies
- Digital content- from external sources as well as internally developed
- Printed & digital activities for better learning and evaluation for students, flexibility & multiplicity of learning modules
- Digital lesson plans by teachers- prepared on computer for showing on computer
- Giving back to society by organising adult computer literacy drives
- Regular professional development services for staff
- IT executive for technical maintenance & teacher support
- cross- disciplinary approach followed in teaching learning process
- evaluation & grading of students through presentations created by them on various topics enabling CCE pattern
- virtual exchange programs for students
List the 5 achievements of the programme/project?
- virtual classrooms, video conferencing, video lessons
- wi- fi labs, internet connection in all staff rooms, labs which makes around 54 IT enabled rooms out of 94 rooms
- Blended approach in teaching- using various resourcesextended learning, online assessments
- Improved ICT skills- teachers are more comfortable & independentcross- disciplinary teaching & learning
- paperless office, quick & fast communication
List the 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/initiative :
- Financial limitations
- Teachersâ€™ unfamiliarity with new technology and fear of change
- Arranging for the best available Infrastructure
- Security of boards, proper maintenance of equipment
- creating responsibility amongst students for maintaining the infrastructure provided
List the 5 points how can the programme serve as a model that can be replicated or adapted by others?
- providing training to other schools
- providing logistics
- arranging site visits for other schools
- sending teachers as resource persons to other schools
List 5 points to elaborate on the scalability of the programme/project/initiative
- Can be scaled to accomodate all class
- RFID enabled libraryu for automated issue/return