Registration Name : eINDIA2011/AN/268
Project Category : digitalLEARNING::Best Use of Technology for Teaching Learning Practices in Schools
Project Name : Educomp Online
Details of Applicant
Name : Ankur Goel
Address : Educomp Towers, 514,Udyog Vihar, Phase III,
City : Gurgaon
State : Haryana
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 122001
Details of Project/Implementing Agency
Name of Organisation : Educomp Online Supplemental Service Ltd
Address : Educomp Towers, 514,Udyog Vihar, Phase III, ,,
City : Gurgaon
State : Haryana
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 122001
Name of the head of Organisation : Pushkar Saran
Website : www.educomponline.com
Brief description of the programme/project/Initiative :
Educomp Online is an edu-content and online school management resource for new age schools. Educomp Online provides educational videos, calibrated assessments, online learning management and edutainment learning & is also a powerful platform for the school, students and the parent to interact with each other seamlessly in a secure environment. The curriculum reach of Educomp Online unfolds from kindergarten to grade 12th covering subjects like Mathematics, Science, English, EVS, Social Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, Economics and Business Studies.
Why was the project started :
The project was started with an objective to provide seamless, anytime learning for students which they will find helpful and to provide a platform for the school and its stakeholders to communicate with each other through this edu-social platform. Educomp Online enables the student in his/her self learning by providing access to various multimedia enabled educational modules and providing a platform wherein teachers, students, principals can socially engage and share knowledge across boundaries and time limits.
Educomp Online aims to be a total online school management resource enabling school management & communication outside of the limited school hours. Its objective is to be the platform for all the new-age schools wherein they can stay connected to all the stakeholders & enhance the learning process for the students.
Target group :
K â€“ 12 Students along with related stakeholders i.e. their parents, teachers and the school management
Geographical reach :
The system is online without any geographical limits. As of now, Educomp Online is present in more than 3000 progressive schools across India.
Date from which the project became operational : 1 May 2010
Is the Project still operational : YES10 points that make the programme/project innovative?
- Runs on SAAS based technology enabling quick access to the schools without any hardware support
- It does not have any geographical constraints
- Contains one of the largest repositories of educational content for K-12
- Single platform for schools, teachers, students, parents to interact and collaborate.
- Highly secure with full moderation to ensure total safety
- Unique collaborative social features for sharing knowledge & views among students & teachers
- Easy to use user interface ensuring that anybody with least computer knowledge can use Educomp Online
- Aids student learning with the help of fun based learning in a multimedia format which enhances understanding and increases interest.
- Access to parents, for them to keep a tab on their wardâ€™s activities
- A unique website feature enabling schools to make their customized website at the click of a button
List the 5 achievements of the programme/project?
- More than 3000 progressive schools use Educomp Online
- Around 3 million students have access to the portal
- Removed the Geographical constraints for using the product. Schools from J&K to TamilNadu are using the product
- Successfully helped many schools to achieve online presence through schoolâ€™s website
- Enhanced the student interest and understanding of complex subjects & topics through online multimedia content
List the 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/initiative
- Erroneous Data- Enforced validations and restrictions on erroneous data provided by schools by providing pre-defined templates which decreased the implementation time considerably.
- Slow Internet- Modified the technology to enable the students to view the videos at very low internet speeds as well.
- Using online platform- Conducted extensive trainings and workshops to enable the teachers/students and parents to use internet as a means of communication, learning & management and break the barrier of learning and imparting knowledge through online platform as opposed to traditional medium.
- Decreasing student interest- Introduced fun based learning and social interaction between students within education domain to invoke studentsâ€™ interest in educational topics which is on decline these days.
- Customization- Provided lot of configurability in product features to cater to challenge of customization requirements from various schools.
List the 5 points how can the programme serve as a model that can be replicated or adapted by others?
- The program demonstrates the use of high quality content to aid student learning
- The program demonstrates how a platform can be used for effective communication between school and students and parents
- The program serves as a model to bring fun element to studies to increase student interest in studies
- The program serves as model for effective school information management through event planners & notifications
- The programmer demonstrates how studentsâ€™ energies can be utilized in constructive educational activities through social features.
List 5 points to elaborate on the scalability of the programme/project/initiative
- Available on internet so it is not restricted by any geographical boundaries giving it an edge to scale very fast and quickly.
- Can be implemented in many schools simultaneously at a very fast pace as it does not require hardware for individual schools
- Very less man-power requirement which allows for simultaneous implementation across large number of schools
- Has capability of adding any number of schools on its platform. Well before a threshold number is reached, stakeholders are notified through an alert mechanism and system infrastructure adequately upgraded in 24-48 hours of time.
- Not limited by data usage by schools. There are adequate monitoring mechanisms which raise alert well before data usage reaches threshold value and then process are in place to get upgrade the system infrastructure in 24-48 hours