Registration Name : eINDIA2011/AN/291
Project Category : digitalLEARNING::Best ICT Enabled Content for K12 Education
Project Name : Extramarks Education Private Limited
Details of Applicant
Name : Rohit Jain
Address : D- 180, Sector 63, Noida – 201301
City : Noida
State : Uttra Pradesh
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 201301
Details of Project/Implementing Agency :
Name of Organisation : Extramarks Education Pvt Ltd
Address : D- 180, Sector 63, Noida – 201301,
City : Noida
State : Uttra Pradesh
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 201301
Name of the headÂ of Organisation : Atul Kulshrestha
Website : www.extramarks.com
Brief description of the programe/project/Initiative :
Extra marks equips a school with special teaching aids devised by education experts for classes K to XII. All the teaching content is of immense benefit to the teachers and students as it flows in an easy receptive manner. Instead of giving a broad snapshot of the study topic; Extramarks offers complete digital solution. Its very user friendly directing the teachers at every step starting from choosing the class to the subject he/she wants to teach, thereby directing him/her to the different teaching modules. School partnership with Extra marks brings all these benefits to the school to form a study support bridge for the students throughout their learning process, from school to home, ensuring continuity in learning. With Extra marks, school and students move towards a common goal of effective and lasting learning.
Why was the project started :
Team Extra marks wanted to bring quality digital education in the market. As per the research, the content players in the field were providing only topic based material. The teachers and the students used the material for only AV purposes or more like educational entertainment rather than integrating it into everyday learning process. There was a lot of clutter in the market and hence it was felt that it was required to have a solution that makes the life of the teacher easy rather than burdening her current work with another added task of technology. Hence, a research happened and Extramarks content strategy took off to simply the whole teaching learning process for Indian education.
To empower Indian youth to step in with the latest technology and have anytime, anywhere access to quality study support thereby encouraging them to become learning leaders. To reach out to the students in the remotest corner of the country. To work on projects with the purpose of bridging the gap between rapidly evolving information technology and the system of learning available for students. To add new dimension in the learning process by making it more user-friendly, effective and affordable.
Target group : Schools catering to Nursery to 12 segment.
Geographical reach : Pan India
Date from which the project became operational: 1July 2008
Is the Project still operational : YES
10 points that make the programme/project innovative?
- Simplicity: No other content makes it simple both for the teacher and the student to facilitate easy learning. A true genius is someone who can break the toughest problem to the simplest blocks and that is what Extramarks does. Even the most difficult chapters are taught with such ease that they are easy to recall and understand.
- Bringing universal platforms of learning: Extramarks takes pride in introducing Mindmaps to Indian digital learning. Started by the team in 2008, they are now integrated part of every digital learning provider in the country. Mindmaps are acknowledged as scientific & effective learning tool worldwide
- Hierarchical presentation and easy to understand format of the curriculum content enhances the basic understanding and conceptual clarity of the student.
- Extra marks provides an exhaustive bank of Test Papers that can be taken as per the flexibility of subject, chapter, time and the level of difficulty that provide ample practice opportunity to students during the preparation and revision of the topics.
- Maintains the continuity of leaning process by providing In-school and after school study support.
- Teachers can direct students towards High Order Thinking Strategies as introduced by CBSE as necessary learning requisite.
- Provides practical lab experience within the class through Virtual labs.
- Facilities teachers to organize class activities thereby imbibing, reiterating and recalling the concepts already taught in the class.
- Provides platform for teachers to conduct scholastic and co â€“ scholastic assessments.
- Graphical representation of performance per student throughout the year.
List the 5 achievements of the programme/project?
- Extramarks started with 40 students in Andaman Nicobar islands. There was no marketing involved with the product, however only with word of mouth marketing – within a short span of 3 years Extramarks has been able to achieve the imagination , attention of the academicians in the country and has presence all across India in 21 states and 150 cities with 6000+ Classes.
- Project coordinated and implemented by Extramarks is with UP Governmnet in more than 3000 schools that involves creating digital modules equipping and successful running of computer Labs.
- Extramarks has set up a computer lab under ICT @ school project that is geared towards making the system more responsive.
- Provided schools with 15 updations including new modules plus extension in the existing ones since last two and a half years.
- Ensured continuity in learning – School partnership with Extramarks brings all these benefits to the school to form a study support bridge for the students throughout their learning process, from school to home, ensuring continuity in learning.
List the 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/iniative :
- Implementing Smart Learn Class in remote areas was a big challenge as the awareness regarding the Smart Learn Class was not there. To overcome this regular promotional activities and presentations were conducted in the schools.
- Schools were not easily approachable and local language was always a problem. To overcome this local executive was recruited so as to reduce the communication gap and serve the clients better.
- The school where more than 10 classes very implemented it was becoming unmanageable, especially for updations which is done from time to time. To overcome this challenge the server model was introduced.
- Servicing to the schools with large number of classes was becoming difficult. A Resource person was employed in the school to manage the day to day functioning of the system.
- Latest changes in the curriculum were not updated in the school. To overcome this challenge more academicians were recruited in order to give quick response to the schools with latest updations.
List the 5 points how can the programme serve as a model that can be replicated or adapted by others?
Extramarks 360 Degree approach to the Process and Industry has brought a revolution in the Education Fraternity which has been appreciated and applauded by various big names like Mayo Ajmer, DPS across the country this clearly shows â€œWhat we teach today â€“ Others Adapt it tomorrowâ€.
- Other companies and academicians are adopting the teaching aids provided by Extramarks as its serving as a base for the teachers to make their teaching process or innovative and interactive.
- The formative assessments and HOTS introduced by Extramarks provides a platform for the teachers to judge the students on scholastic and co- scholastic evaluations.
- The Database of 250000 questions provided by Extramarks to the teachers has been adopted by academicians to evaluate their students.
- Nationwide schools along with the competitors respects and has started adapting from us as the Only Company with Largest Question Bank and multi approach to the chapters and having a distinct stand with subjects like Hindi, Humanities.
List 5 points to elaborate on the scalability of the programme/project/iniative :
- Â Sky is the limit: sounds clichÃ© but even in the current avatar â€“ extramarks has come a long way. Starting with online web presence to physical presence in classes â€“ due to its understanding and commitment to quality education makes it stand out.
- Team extramarks is a group of dedicated academicians who wish to make the content stand out and push its own boundaries. Constantly evolving and incorporating different learning techniques to adapt to different learning styles.
- All the teaching content is of immense benefit to the teachers and students as it flows in an easy receptive manner. As opposed to other digital education providers in the market that only give a broad snapshot of the study topic; Extramarks offers complete digital solution – one stop solution for the teachers..
- Focuses on open-ended tasks that encourage creative thinking and promote concept application in real life.
- Layered / hierarchical, logical content that is easy to teach and comprehend and aimed at increased retention and performance enhancement also Provides abundant parameters to assess studentsâ€™ performance. These parameters are known as assessment tools which are further divided into sub tools for teachersâ€™ convenience.