Registration Name : eINDIA2011/AN/170
Project Category : digitalLEARNING::Best ICT Enabled Skills Development Initiative of the Year
Project Name : FFF Capacity Building Project with NABARD for empowering Business Correspondents
Details of Applicant
Name : Parineeta Mehra
Address : Tarun Bharat Bldg, Plot no 38/39,Sect 30, Near Keshav Kunj, Sanpada(W)
City : Navi Mumbai
State : Maharashtra
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 400705
Details of Project/Implementing Agency
Name of Organisation : FINO FINTECH FOUNDATION
Address : Tarun Bharat Bldg, Plot no 38/39,Sect 30, Near Keshav Kunj, Sanpada(W),,
City : Navi Mumbai
State : Maharashtra
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 400705
Name of the head of Organisation : Manish Khera
Website : www.fino.co.in
Brief description of the programme/project/Initiative :
The Capacity building project for Business Correspondents supported in collaboration with NABARD is being executed pan India by us as a Business Correspondent. Business Correspondents play an important role in Financial Inclusion as they reach up to the unbanked segment and help them get financially included with various banks through FINO Point of Transaction Technology. A mix of classroom & practical training is the key to make this training and project effective. There are various training tools like used for making the training innovative like Flipcharts, M-learning, E-learning, Flash based modules, Audio Visuals, Jingles for spreading Financial Literacy, Activity Books, Participants guide & other modes.These training programs are a mix of practical, games, Role plays & theory.
Why was the project started :
Fino Fintech Foundation is a service providing company. To ensure induction of our internal Bandhus bandwidth and equip them with major amount of skill set required by them to operate on the field with effective measures. To empower & enhance the skills this project was been initiated.
To equip the business Correspondents with various skills required by them according to industry standards and ensure that they perform well on the field to get millions unbanked in the financially included category.
Target group :
Geographical reach :
Date from which the project became operational : 1 April 2010
Is the Project still operational : YES
10 points that make the programme/project innovative?
- Based on concept of fun learning principle hence it is a mix of practical and facilitator led training
- Training tools are made where use of electricity is less like flipcharts.
- Initiation of mLearning modules- Ready reckoners for the modules taught in facilitator led learning
- Role plays done during the training programs to ensure effectiveness at its best
- Audio Visuals based on each module created to ensure effective training & maximum absorption
- Learning Games based on modules
- Flash based (Voice enabled) modules created for easy learning and is used by Facilitators as a visual aid for the learning mechanism
- Comics created to create visual impact learning which is based on Financial literacy concepts
- Handouts (Bandhu Sahayakâ€™s) are also been created to ensure utmost problem solving in fire situations post training. It acts as a ready reference material for the Bandhus.
- Activity book initiated to ensure maximum participation & revision happening during the class and post the facilitator training program
List the 5 achievements of the programme/project?
- Trained over 16,500+ of various banks and empowered them to deliver their best with high effectiveness.
- The above trainings were also recognized on the field by way of awarding all the trainees certificates sponsored and supported by NABARD under the Capacity Building project awarded to Fino Fintech Foundation
- In all a total of 19,512 trainings were conducted by the in-house team. The same stands classified broadly in following categories; Core, Products, Need/Issue based and Refresher. The data analyzed for all the above trainings go a long way in throwing light on the way Effectiveness has been brought in terms of : ? Enhanced Transactions ? Enhanced Product Sales ? Reduced Help Desk calls etc
- All the above trainings were fully funded under the NABARD sponsored CAPACITY BUILDING PROJECT won by us during the year.
- Outstanding training quality delivered as per the industry norms.
List the 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/iniative
- Content initially was electricity based (PowerPointâ€™s) now have been devised in a simple form which ensures maximum effectiveness and is used without any electricity like flipcharts.
- Lack of infrastructure in rural areas for training hence we ensure to take up a decent place where we could accommodate our business correspondents near the station, bus stand or any easier mode of transport
- Travelling posed as a challenge for business correspondents as they had to travel from one place to the training place (generally 25-80 kms).Hence an accommodation or travel expense had to be paid to the business correspondents.
- : â€¢ Standardization of training was initially a challenge.However a regular Train the Trainers (TTT) with teach backs and feedback ensured similar kind of training in the system.
- Training Effectiveness measurement was also initially very difficult which we then streamlined with internal feedback based on the Kirkpatrickâ€™s model of training effectiveness measurement.
List the 5 points how can the prgramme serve as a model that can be replicated or adapted by others?
- Independent technology and extensive current reach enablement
- Successfully trained 10,000 bandhus in the previous FY
- Successfully set up a cross promotional platform for sale of other products in the rural market
- Our model and channel can be replicated for mass training program where effectiveness is the challenge as well as key role for success
- Training employees at a level above and making them mentors is one great thing that can be adopted from the model adopted by us.
List 5 points to elaborate on the scalability of the programme/project/iniative
- FINO FINTECH FOUNDATION intends to grow up to 30,000 trained field force in the coming financial year
- We look up to identifying corporate distribution channels that are equipped with estimates of cost required to build and manage such a network which making better use of existing ones
- Creating an empowered channel is essential and we look at creating a vast beneficial network to reach masses at distant places through the trained force to increase our geographical scalability
- FINO looks at tying up with agencies for funding of Business correspondents training to ensure maximum employment and reach of the current training model
- We look at scaling our administrative scalability by introducing dedicated organization for training of business correspondents â€œFIEA- Financial Inclusion Education Academyâ€ to reach maximum number of BCs to provide skilled manpower as Business correspondents.