Registration Name : eINDIA2011/AN/174
Project Category : eHealth::Best Civil Society/ Development Agency Initiative of the Year
Project Name : IIHMR PGDHHM with Specialization in Healthcare-IT
Details of Applicant
Name : PANKAJ GUPTA
Address : C3A/94C JANAKPURI
City : DELHI
State : DELHI
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 110058
Details of Project/Implementing Agency
Name of Organisation : INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT & RESEARCH
Address : PLOT NO 3, HAF POCKET,,SEC 18A, PHASE-II,,DWARKA,
City : NEW DELHI
State : DELHI
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 110075
Name of the headÂ of Organisation : Prof Indrajit Bhattacharya
Website : http://www.iihmrdelhi.org/contact_us.html
Brief description of theÂ programme/project/Initiative :
IIHMR PGDHHM with Specialization in Healthcare-IT:
Why was the project started :
Health care industry is suffering from a lack of specialized staff for managing IT Projects in Healthcare Organizations. It has become an integral part of Modern Medicine and the Skill Gap is hurting.
Build human capital that can use the powerful combo of IT, MANAGEMENT AND HEALTHCARE KNOWLEDGE for solving Healthcare problems.
Target group : PUBLIC HEALTH
Geographical reach :Â India APAC, Mena
Date from which theÂ project became operational : 1 April 2009
Is the Project still operational : YES
10 points that make the programme/project innovative?
- UNIQUE COMBO OF HEALTHCARE, MANAGEMENT AND IT
- BRIDGING THE GAP BETWEEN HEALTHCARE AND IT
- HEALTHCARE MANAGERS WITH IN-BUILT IT SKILLS
- Healthcare Business Analyst for the IT Industry
- Public Healthcare Resource Management will improve
- Medical Errors will reduce with HIS/EMR
- ORG CHANGE MANAGEMENT will be more effective
- It will be use for CLINICAL TRANSFORMATION
- It will be used effectively for public health.
- DISEASE MANAGEMENT programs will emerge.
List the 5 achievements of the programme/project?
- FIRST BATCH OF HEALTHCARE-MANAGEMENT-IT MANAGERS IS READY
- HEALTHCARE-IT RESEARCH PROJECTS BEING DONE
- CONTRIBUTING TO HEALTH ICT INITIATIVES OF GOVT OF INDIA
- STUDENTS IN HIGH DEMAND FROM IT AND HEALTHCARE COMPANIES
- CATALYST FOR INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATIONS IN HEALTHCARE-IT
List the 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/initiative
- LACK OF STANDARD CURRICULUM IN THIS SPACE. TO FILL THE GAP, HEALTHCARE-IT CURRICULUM WAS DESIGNED BY DR PANKAJ GUPTA AND PROF INDRAJIT BHATTACHARYA – Course materials designed in association with Indian Association for Medical Informatics ( IAMI )
- LACK OF TEACHERS TO TRAIN THE STUDENTS
- LACK OF INDUSTRY-ACADEMIA ALLIANCES TO SUPPORT THE INITIATIVE
- LACK OF AWARENESS ABOUT IT IN HEALTHCARE
- ATTRACTING GOOD STUDENT TALENT TO ADOPT THIS CAREER PATH
List the 5 points how can the programme serve as a model that can be replicated or adapted by others?
- MANAGEMENT SCHOOLS CAN ADOPT THE MODEL. ITS A PROFITABLE BUSINESS CASE.
- CURRICULUM IS READY AND IMPLEMENTED
- PLACEMENT OF STUDENTS HAS PROVED THE DEMAND
- HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY HAS ACKNOWLEDGED THE VALUE OF THE OUTPUT
- STUDENTS HAVE FOUND A NEW CHALLENGING AND HIGH PAYING CAREER PATH.
List 5 points to elaborate on the scalability of the programme/project/initiative
- DEMAND IS FAR MORE THAN SUPPLY OF THIS RARE TALENT
- DIGITAL HOSPITAL WILL NEED MANAGERS WITH IT SKILLS
- LARGE INSURANCE PROGRAMS CANT BE RUN WITHOUT IT KNOWLEDGE
- PHARMA RESEARCH THROWS OUT HUGE DATA THAT NEEDS HEALTHCARE-IT SKILLS
- GOVT HAS ACKNOWLEDGED THE NEED BY SETTING UP ICT SOUBGROUP UNDER THE HEALTHCARE SIC UNDER THE PMO