Registration Name : eINDIA2011/AN/213
Project Category : eGov::Best Government to Citizens Initiative of the Year
Project Name : Land Records Computerization -Apnakhata
Details of Applicant :
Name : KL Jawaria
Address : 318 SSO Building ,Rajasthan State Unit National Informatics Centre Secretariat
City : Jaipur
State : Rajasthan
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 302004
Details of Project/Implementing Agency :
Name of Organisation : NIC
Address : 318 SSO Building ,Rajasthan State Unit ,National Informatics Centre ,Secretariat
City : Jaipur
State : Rajasthan
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 302004
Name of the head of Organisation : Smt Indu Gupta, State Informatics Officer and Sr. Technical Director
Website : apnakhata.raj.nic.in
Brief description of the programme/project/Initiative :
The prime goal of Land Records Computerization is to store all information regarding land in systematic and logical way so that information is easily retrievable. The project objective was to cater to the basic citizen services from the tehsil centres for their updated land records. Hence, a common man can view anyone land ownership details alternatively he/she can get the copy of Records of Right (RoR) from http://apnkahata.raj.nic.in website.
Why was the project started :
Issuance of Record of Rights (RoR) only from Patwari at Village level from Patwar Ghar means issuance of RoR as per the availability of Patwari at Patwar Ghar. Practically , it is very difficult to trace a Patwari and get the copy. Even though its his at that time he would prepare the copy or not. Hence, the complete system is person oriented. A large variation in records writing method across the state i.e variation in records maintenance. As the traditional practice became standard mechanism over the period of time, which in turn into number of diversities in record maintenance. Hence, it was observed that officials were not following Land Records Rules 1957. Lack of clarity in records hand writing and difficult to understand the language used in record writing. Number of clerical mistakes was observed in manual Jamabandies which were being carry forwarded till the computerization took place in the state. These mistakes were corrected during the computerization process by means of issuing various circulars by the governments. No mutation tracking mechanism was available, the mutation were incorporated as per the will of Patwari. Also the system was Patwari oriented rather than process oriented. The land owners have to put-off many visits at Patwari for the incorporation of their mutation. No private person can issue copy of Record of Rights ( RoR). Manual preparation of rotational chausala jamabandies which were always delayed as per their schedule, therefore records could not be prepared in time. Manual preparation of records for the issuance to NGO /Govt Bodies took measurable time even the records were not clearly prepared Only current Record of Right were being issued by Patwari Time consuming and complicated procedure to get desired information from Jamabandies like government land available for allotment, irrigated land Khetedar, Gair Khatedar, mutation status & miscellaneous information required by the government either for a village of consolidated information of a Tehsil. .
The project objective was to cater to the basic citizen services from the tehsil centres. As the tehsil works as an instrumental unit in rural area. The Patwari is an official, who maintains all land records on behalf on Revenue Department & Board of Revenue. The manual process of maintaining records was a tedious and complex. Therefore, the state had initiated Land Records Computerization (LRC). The expectations of people were enhanced after the data made available at tehsil level for all the villages. Thereafter, records of right (RoR) are made available on Internet to common people. It has proved a major commitment for the transparent and efficient government functionaries
Target group : All Farmers, Common People, Revenue Deparmtnet ,Government
Geographical reach : Across the state.
Date from which the project became operational : 22 September 2003
Is the Project still operational : YES
10 points that make the programme/project innovative?
- Variation in Records Maintenance :-
- Resistance in Implementation
- Database Migration Effort
- Data updation Mechanism
- Apna Khata Kendras at Tehsil Level
- District Level Apna Khata Kendra
- Apna Khata Website
- Authroised Cyber Kiosks:
- Centralized Database Application.
- Flagging on mutated records:
List the 5 achievements of the programme/project?
- (vi) Availability of Records at multiple locations
- The product is ISO certified by STQC.
- Discontinuous of Manual Preparation of Chausala Jamabandi
- 100 5 depdency on LRC database all all planning work
- Anytime,Anywhere Avavialbility of RoR
List the 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/initiative :
- Very close to end-user â€“ Realistic Requirement Analysis.
- Preparation of Detail Project Report (DPR )
- Workshop Organizations for the final release of software
- Release of comprehensive version
- Orgnising regular workshops at all the level, participative mtehdology is in use. the project gives more emphasis on root level official who knows actual requirement of citizen
List the 5 points how can the programme serve as a model that can be replicated or adapted by others?
- Continued Pursuance From the Highest Level of the government
- Emphasis on Simultaneous Data Entry & Verification
- Standardization of process through conducting various conferences / Workshops of District Collectors ,Nodal officers of LRC Project, DIO/DIA and Resource Persons.
- Onsite support to the user
- Rationalization of hardware requirement (ABC Analysis )
List 5 points to elaborate on the scalability of the programme/project/initiative :
- Latest Technology is used.
- Apnakhata software is made available to the user department at various levels in different flavors
- Major emphasis on capacity building for the sustainability of project and orientations of all the stake holders in the project.
- Regular release of software by enhancing the gethered requirment analysis.
- Identification of Key Officials -RPG Patwari
Documents publishing URL :