Registration Name : eINDIA2011/AN/183
Project Category : eHealth::Best ICT Enabled Hospital of the Year
Project Name : SevenHills Health City
Details of Applicant
Name : Suresh Vedulla
Address : SevenHills Health City, Marol Maroshi Road, Andheri East
City : Mumbai
State : Maharashtra
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 400059
Details of Project/Implementing Agency
Name of Organisation : SevenHills e-Health Pvt Ltd
Address : SevenHills Health City, Marol Maroshi Road,Andheri East,
City : Mumbai
State : Maharashtra
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 400059
Name of the headÂ of Organisation : Dr.Jitendra Das Maganti
Website : www.sevenhillsehealth.com
Brief description of theÂ programme/project/Initiative :
SevenHills Health City is built on 17 acres comprising more than 2 million square feet of space to support a 1500-bed facility, 300 residential complexes and large medical facilities that include 36 modular operation theaters, pharmacies, 120 outpatient consulting chambers with a 150-seat seminar hall and 350-seat auditorium. SevenHills offers state of the art in-patient, day-care and out-patient facilities, focusing on the comfort and safety of patients and their loved ones. The vision on which the hospital was built was to use technology to empower the medical staff and patients leading to prompt and better patient care. Today the Health City is completely networked and connected resulting in minimum human error and allowing the medical practitioners to access patient data as and when they want and from where ever.
Why was the project started :
Delivering safe, effective and high quality patient care relies heavily on access to accurate and comprehensive information. SevenHills Chairman has a vision to make the hospital a paperless, filmless and wireless. As professionals in the hospital are mobile, it needs to be ensured that the professionals have access to the data they need wherever they are in the hospital which is the key to gain optimum operational efficiency.
To reduce the human errors, improve the service quality and prompt patient care with the use of information and communication technologies (ICT) in the hospital.
Target group : Clinical and Non Clinical Staff, Patients and Visitors
Geographical reach : Mumbai
Date from which theÂ project became operational : 4 July 2010
Is the Project still operational : YES
10 points that make the programme/project innovative?
- One of the few paperless hospitals in the country leading to prompt patient care.
- Deployed SevenHills e-Health suite which is an end to end Hospital Management Suite built by a team of technologists along with a team of doctors allowing the medical practitioners and administrative staff to be connected always.
- Integrated PACS with e-Health Suite for processing and archiving of digital radiology images.
- Computer on wheels (COWS) in the wards and bedside computers for all the critical care beds for nurses to capture the real-time data.
- Speech enabled SevenHills e-Health Suite increased physician satisfaction and adoption. And also it helped in improving accuracy and shortens turnaround time.
- The barcode procedure and system have been installed for accurate medical administration, track diagnostic samples and for tighter control of inventory.
- Token generation for Patient Queue Management at various departments
- Digital Signage Solution which was implemented basically covers the patient health education, safety measures to be taken regarding their health, infrastructure available in the hospital and the token displaying system.
- Deployed Wi-Fi across the hospital to automate routine data collection to reduce errors and dependency on paperwork.
- Centralized Inventory management with the help of pneumatic tube across the hospital in turn reduced pilferages and wastage.
List the 5 achievements of the programme/project?
- SevenHills Health city was paperless and has been providing prompt patient care since the first day of its launch.
- The hospital is equipped with recent generation ICT and SevenHills e-Health Suite that embraces all departments, professionals, processes and tasks which helps in improving quality of care and patient safety. Created a more streamlined workflow with the help of e-Health Suite making it available to the doctors and the administrators wherever and whenever required, thus eliminating the need for paper records.
- Increased safety results largely from the alerts and reminders generated by e-Health Clinical module for medications.
- The use of ICT have led to high employee productivity at SevenHills Hospital, resulting in an average time of 4.5 days for a patientâ€™s stay at the hospital â€“ compared to 6 days in most other hospitals.
- Implementation of Collection Management module helped the organization to know the status of the receivable amounts from various organizations and also helped in reducing the denials of the claims.
List the 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/iniative
- Pysiciansâ€™ resistance to change is commonly cited as a significant barrier that limits more widespread deployment of IT. Doctors have â€˜Whatâ€™s in it for me attitude when it comes to usage of a Clinical System. Physician Champions are identified among the doctors, which makes the implementation process much easier.
- A top down mandate from the senior management and other administrative staff, getting them to use the deployed technology.We have used â€œTrain the trainersâ€ approach. We have trained a small number of users as â€œSuper Usersâ€. These staff can train the rest of the clinical staff.
- Standardizing the product – In most industries, the product or service can be standardized to improve efficiency and quality. In health care, every person is chemically, structurally, and emotionally unique. What works for one person may or may not work for another.In this environment, the IT team has taken the help of Physician champions to personalize care in parallel.
- Usage of e-Health Suite by Senior Physicians who are â€“ Providing customized templates for the doctors and also providing an option to create on their own. And also facilitated them with Voice recognition (Speech to Text).
- Usage accountability/ inter-department changes: The specifications of one department changed the way another department works. We identified the process flow among the departments and addressed the issue.
List the 5 points how can the prgramme serve as a model that can be replicated or adapted by others?
- SevenHills e-Health suite is running successfully in one of the largest tertiary care hospital, now, it can be adapted in small/ mid or large hospital.
- It adheres to healthcare IT standards and also improved patient care immensely.
- With deep domain expertise in healthcare and proven technology, any hospital can automate the process and benefit.
- It is User friendly and very easy for users to adapt from both clinical and administrative background
- With SevenHills e-Health the hospital can integrate almost all processes in the hospital, right from the front office registration to doctor consultation, investigations, the complete in-patient treatment, more so even the collection management.
List 5 points to elaborate on the scalability of the programme/project/iniative
- The solution can be deployed from a 50 bedded to a 5000 bedded hospital.
- Fully customizable to hospital specific information
- SevenHills e-Health Suite provides easy migration with flexible access to complete patient records
- Scalable and high performance with fault tolerance
- User friendly dashboards for crucial, clinical, financial and operations
Documents publishing URL :
- http://www.ehealthonline.org/articles/article-details.asp Title=SevenHills%20Health%20City%20%E2%80%93%20Technology%20for%20Better%20Patient%20Care&ArticalID=2551&Type=POWER%20HOSPITAL