Registration Name : eINDIA2011/AN/229
Project Category : eGov::Best Urban ICT Initiative of the year
Project Name : SMKC e-Governance Project
Details of Applicant :
Name : Nakul Jakate
Address : Rajwada Chowk, Opp : City Police Station
City : SANGLI
State : Maharashtra
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 416416
Details of Project/Implementing Agency :
Name of Organisation : HCL Infosystems Ltd
Address : “Arena”, Viman Nagar,Opp: NECO NX, ,Nagar Road
City : PUNE
State : Maharashtra
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 411014
Name of the head of Organisation : Saji Mathew
Website : www.hcl.in
Brief description of the programme/project/Initiative : E-Governance implementation across 35 departments of SMKC corporation and there by offering efficient and faster citizn services to the public with the help of centrallised Data centre and networking all the offices. Since is is BOOT model, there is no investment from corporation.
Why was the project started :
SMKC is spead across Sangli,Miraj & Kupwad cities and hence need for centrallised Datacenter and web based applications arised to offer efficient citizen services and reduce time delay in issuing various certificates. To avoid burden of initial investment from corporation, this project runs on BOOT model.
Increased citizen facilities with Zero investment from corporation.
Target group : All citizens of Sangli Miraj Kupwad municipal corporation
Geographical reach : 118 Sq.Km covering Sangli, Miraj & Kupwad cities.
Date from which the project became operational : 18 January 2010
Is the Project still operational : YES
10 points that make the programme/project innovative?
- ZERO investment from Corporation and hence can be adapted by any corporation
- BOOT model implementation of HCL Insys for 10 years
- Capital investment & Operational expenses are born by HCL Insys and billing against transactions only.
- 35 departments of SMKC are covered under this project
- SMKC website made available “smkc.gov.in”
- Biometric attendace system implemented for employee attendace
- IVRS facility started for complains booking and various services through SMS
- Vendor provides manpower for CFC centers
- 0% risk on corporation.
- Increased operational efficiency and citizen services
List the 5 achievements of the programme/project?
- Website launched “smkc.gov.in”
- Data centre and CFC centers made operational as per schedule
- Biometric attendance system implemented
- IVRS facility installed & integrated with SMS
- Online statistical reports helps SMKC to take decisions
List the 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/initiative :
- Data structure design and migration of data in to the new format. All data available with SMKC in different formats were converted and migrated to Oracle.
- Manuel data entry of various records, validation and using HCLs manpower and migrated to Oracle
- Operational trainings to department staff who are not familiar with computers. HCL dedicated a team of operators for 2-3 months for training the SMKC staff.
- Lack of skilled manpower from SMKC for project roll out. Project roll out done as per schedule with HCLs manpower and training the SMKC staff at field.
- Transparancy in operations due to E-Governance implementation.
List the 5 points how can the prgramme serve as a model that can be replicated or adapted by others?
- ZERO investment from Corporation – BOOT model
- Web based application with current technology
- Services accessible from any where in the world
- All major departments (35nos) are integrated with Centrallised Data center and customisable design
- Can be upgraded to service multiple corporation (State data centre)
List 5 points to elaborate on the scalability of the programme/project/initiative :
- Web based .NET aplication with Oracle data base
- Data centre & Storage designed for next 10 years operations
- Any new location canbe added without any delay
- Data structure design with State wide Data center concept
- Can act as data centre for multiple corporations
Documents publishing URL :