Registration Name : eINDIA2011/AN/198
Project Category : digitalLEARNING::Best Assessment Tool Providers
Project Name : TeachNext
Details of Applicant
Name : Debraj Ghose
Address : Plot # 89, Road # 2, Banjara Hills Hyderabad – 500 034 Andhra Pradesh, India
City : Hydearbad
State : Andhra Pradesh
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 500 034
Details of Project/Implementing Agency
Name of Organisation : Next Education India Pvt. Ltd.
Address : Plot # 89, Road # 2, Banjara Hills ,Hyderabad – 500 034,Andhra Pradesh, India
City : Hydearbad
State : Andhra Pradesh
Country : INDIA
Zip Code : 500 034
Name of the headÂ of Organisation : Beas Dev Ralhan
Website : www.nexteducation.in ; www.teachnext.com
Brief description of the programme/project/Initiative :
TeachNext isnâ€™t just a product, itâ€™s a digital solution for schools, which is revolutionizing the way we teach & learn. TeachNext delivers the entire course syllabus using interactive 2D and 3D content. Our objective is to create more effective classrooms by bringing TeachNext is the brainchild of Next Education India Pvt Ltd.While technology is at the heart of Next Education, our prime focus is on creating superior content and offering the best learning and teaching experience possible. We have invested over 0.5 million man-hours to create more than 20,000 learning modules that account for more than 1,000 hours of classroom teaching in the K-12 segment using TeachNext. Each of our modules has been designed after a careful â€˜Needs Assessmentâ€™ and has been further developed through Instructional Design, Visualization, Production and Testing.
Why was the project started :
To provide quality multimedia education to the K12 segment.
Objective : To provide and implement best in class teaching solutions for schools
Target group : Schools,colleges and educational insititutions covering K-12 education.
Geographical reach : Pan India
Date from which the project became operational : 1 September 2009
Is the Project still operational : YES
10 points that make the programme/project innovative?
- User friendly â€“ Requires no prior training or practice.
- Content 100% aligned â€“ All modules are 100% aligned to CBSE, ICSE and SSC syllabus.
- Superior Audio & Visuals â€“ Crystal clear images and sound. Indian accented voice-overs to aid understanding.
- Easier learning – Innovative 2D and 3D audio-visual animations make even difficult concepts easy to understand.
- Interactive & Flexible â€“ Includes activities, tests and examples. Allows teachers to create and customize content.
- No complicated installation â€“ One simple solution in a box. Buy it, plug it in & use it straightaway.
- Affordable pricing â€“ Different product options and competitive prices so more schools can bring the joy of learning and teaching to their classrooms.
- Custom Reporting System – Our software also contains a reporting tool for management. Detailed usage and course completion reports help principals monitor progress and performance.
- Assessment Creation -TeachNext greatly simplifies assessment creation. Our software comes with an extensive question bank for all classes and subjects, which helps teachers create their own exercises and tests. Besides, teachers can add their own questions to the question bank.
- Interactive Content Creation – TeachNextâ€™s interactive features allow full flexibility in content creation. Teachers can create their own lessons with the help of an extensive image library as well as mathematical and other annotation tools. This allows teachers to manage modules and go beyond the given content to further explain various concepts.
List the 5 achievements of the programme/project?
- Next Education bags award for “Best Digital Multimedia Content – K-12 Segment” at India eLearning Summit 2011.
- Most of the schools used the product extensively for revision before the exams. This was one of the key benefits of this product.
- For the CBSE Syllabus, content assesments were prepared in line with the CCE framework.
- For all other boards like ICSE, SSC (state boards), the content was throughly analyzed, and the differences in content identified, and application and pedogogy wasÂ recreated/redesigned accordingly.
- After the success of TeachNext, Next Education launched Indias first ever After-School Learning Centre. Plans to set up 600 centres across India.
List the 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/initiative
- Brand Awareness among the people.
- Class rooms not being ready during implementation for basic needs of a proper electrical / infrastructure layout. A site study and recommendation before implementation was put in place. Recruited a large team of Technical Service Engineers to handle the workload of Installations and implementations.
- Teacher Training was a challenge due to logistics issues of the schools (wrt exams, weekends etc). Built a flexible TT programme that address training in smaller batches. Built a special training team to deliver effective TT programmes
- With a sudden burst of orders from the market, the supply chain management for inventory went through a challenge. We put in place an ERP (SAP) to address our entire logistics\CRM framework.
- Content – While we were aligned close to 100% of CBSE, the state board content was still being prepared and was close to about 70%. Schools were concerned on this gap. The content team was scaled to twice its size to address the remaining 30% of the gaps for Content. We also involved some other content partners in the K-12 segment to fill in the gaps.
List the 5 points how can the programme serve as a model that can be replicated or adapted by others?
- Content totally matches a syllabus-specific text used in classrooms. Teacher has a listing of the modules in line with the textbook topics. Hence, there is no confusion in terms of selection and adoption of content.
- Schools with a small ratio/number of digital CRs can use content effectively for revision of modules that are traditionally taught on a weekly allocation basis.
- Helps schools to build their own custom modules and prepare their own questions apart from the exiting bank. Tests can be built and uniformly rolled out for chain schools with the implementation.
- Management able to monitor the usage of content and coverage of syllabus across CRs and sections on a weekly/montly and quarterly basis.
- Ability to monitor value addition to content by the school staff and building the schools own Knowledge base of content / Q&A etc.
List 5 points to elaborate on the scalability of the programme/project/initiative
- Extremely scalable as we have both – standalone solutions for single CRs and a server solutions for multiple CRs / Chain schools.
- The content upgrade and maintenance process is easy and is carried out quarterly at the moment. We will get to a twice a year model to support upgrades and fixes to content.
- Field engineers and Teacher Trainers are recruited and positioned in almost all the states where we have clients. These numbers will increase.
- Can be sold to any school as we cover all boards of education.
- With multi-lingual ability, the scale is not restricted to English medium schools, but also to all the regional schools across small towns and villages.
Documents publishing URL :